Want to Be an Acton Critter Sitter?
Having a well-established staff enables us to develop loving and lasting bonds with your pets. While we are proud of our low staff turnover, we do occasionally bring on additional staff as our business grows, as well as during seasonal peaks.
As a Critter Sitter, you must:
- First and foremost, love animals — particularly dogs and cats, which make up the bulk of our clientele
- Readily relate to pets and people of many types and temperaments
- Have verifiable experience as a pet owner or pet sitter
- Be in good health: able to walk, run, stoop, lift, carry, climb stairs, toss and tug toys, and physically manage strong animals
- Be willing, able, and equipped to work outside in all types of New England weather
- Hold a current, valid Massachusetts driver’s license with no record of moving violations
- Have access to a car which will be used to travel to and from assignments and to transport animals
- Have a working cell phone plus a computer or tablet with Internet access
- Be comfortable with current technologies, including texting, email, and social media
- Provide two satisfactory personal and/or professional references
- Be willing and able to work your fair share of evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Submit to a thorough background check and have no prior criminal record
- Make a minimum commitment of six consecutive months
- Possess a positive, “can do” attitude, an even temperament, creative problem-solving skills, the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, and a joyful spirit
Our busiest times are between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM. You may also be asked to care for critters early mornings, around the dinner hour, and in the early evenings. As we are a 365 day / year business, some holiday work is also required.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of our team and would like to make a difference in the lives of animals, send an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.